Spiced Lobster & Avocado Salad Recipe
Succulent Lobster cooked with garlic and lightly spiced with roasted coriander and old spice, over a bed of fresh baby spinach, toasted almonds, corn and fresh Avocado. Salad served with an almond lemon dressing.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 19g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 LB Whole Live Lobster
- 7 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1 tsp coriander whole
- 1 TBS butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/8 cup almond oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and over high heat bring the water to a full boil. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the lobster (1/2 to 2/3 full).
- Place live lobster inside (submerge completely into the water) and cover the pot.
- Allow the water to come to another boil then lower heat to medium-low heat with lid partially off.
- Leave lobster to cook for an additional 7 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Take out the lobster and crack the shell to remove the meat. Meat will be in the tail and claws. Be sure to not crack and immediately discard the top half of the Lobster.
- To roast the whole coriander, place the seed onto a lightly oiled baking dish and bake for 15 minutes then remove and grind in a spice grinder. You may substitute roasted coriander with regular ground coriander if you wish.
- Once you have removed the meat, dump the lobster meat in a saucepan and add the butter and cook the garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add the spices and let simmer on very low with lid covered to absorb and create flavor.
- Once you have combined the seasonings with the lobster, place the lobster onto a plate and refrigerate while you gather remaining salad ingredients.
- To toast the sliced almonds, place them on a lightly oil baking sheet and bake at 375F for 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden then remove.
- Whisk together all the ingredients starting with the lemon juice.
- Set aside.
Putting it all together
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, corn, avocado and toasted almonds and lightly fluff with a fork.
- Remove Lobster (now chilled) from the fridge and add to salad.
- Pour on the lemon vinaigrette and enjoy!
- This dish may be complicated if you previously never worked with a live lobster. For assistance, please sign up for our on-line cooking class to learn one on one how to make this dish.
Creative Scratch Cooking http://www.creativescratchcooking.com/